- Trainee Theatre Administrator - applications accepted until 11th April 2014.
- Volunteers needed! - applications accepted on a rolling basis.
TRAINEE THEATRE ADMINISTRATOR (FULL TIME)
The Print Room is looking for a trainee Theatre Administrator to assist with the day-to-day running of the building and productions.
The successful candidate will have a passion for the theatre industry and ambitions to develop a career in theatre administration. They will be able to demonstrate great communication skills alongside the ability to learn quickly, and use their initiative when required.
This is a full time trainee position, initially for a fixed term contract of 3 months, after which time there will be a review to a permanent position.
Salary dependent on experience.
Hours of work will be 10am - 6pm Monday to Friday, and some reasonable evening and weekend work may be required when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be an active member of The Print Room Team: the Trainee Theatre Administrator will be a first point of contact for greeting audience, patrons, artists and other visitors to the theatre.
- Being first point of contact on the general information email account - diverting queries to the appropriate person.
- Assist with answering telephone calls, box office enquiries and taking messages.
- Assist the Operation Manager by making ticket bookings for individuals and groups, and managing allocations of tickets.
- Ordering / Maintaining Stationery supplies, Office Sundries and Merchandise.
- Maintaining an ordered filing system.
- Assisting in Special Events, including Supporters Evenings and Press Nights
- General Administration duties including managing the diary, photocopying, sorting post and deliveries, handling and coding invoices.
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working in a support role in an arts-related industry or similar
- Keen interest in the work of Off-West-End theatres,
- General working knowledge of the arts in a London and national context including: theatre, dance, poetry and art industries.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good computer literacy: a familiarity with ticketing software, access databases, and Microsoft Office would be ideal
- Demonstrable experience in working independently and using own initiative to solve problems
- Good sense of humour / get up and go attitude!
- Good time-management
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter to Veronica (email@example.com) by Friday 11th April 2014.
VOLUNTEER USHERS (PART TIME)
The Print Room is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to join our front of house team to create a safe, welcoming environment for our patrons. Our ushers will be responsible for providing customer care and ensuring the safety of our audience throughout the show. Applicants must be aged 18 years or over, with an avid interest in theatre and experience of customer service would be desirable.
If you wish to be considered for a volunteer usher position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
At The Print Room we are constantly striving to maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for our patrons whilst keeping their safety paramount. Volunteer ushers will work alongside the FOH Manager during the show shift and will be located either inside the auditorium during the performance to ensure that health & safety regulations are met, or at Box Office or the cloak room. The role requires ushers to work evenings, weekends and matinees. As this is an unpaid position The Print Room will give each usher two complimentary tickets per production.
Part time volunteer Usher
Manager & FOH Manager
To assist in ensuring the safety & comfort of members of the public & staff
To adhere to all Fire, Health & Safety Procedures as set by the FOH Manager
To deal effectively with customer problems & enquries
To provide accurate information about The Print Room and it's productions as set by the FOH Manager
To ensure all public areas are well presented.
To be pro-active in Front of House sales and to accurately reconcile and record cash takings
To complete any other duty that assists the Company within the call time.
To provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, before, during and after the show.
Please note that there is no closing date to be a FOH volunteer - we have a rolling intake of volunteers!