The Print Room Literary Policy.
The Print Room is a 80 seat Off West End theatre in West London. The theatrical space is versatile and it is important to us that every play staged here uses the space imaginatively and inventively. Please bear this in mind when submitting scripts to us.
We are happy to receive scripts from both unrepresented and represented writers. As a producing theatre we are always on the look out for new playwrights but please be aware that we only produce four plays a year and only one of those may be a new play. We aim to produce little known work by well-known writers, and are happy to accept new adaptations or translations of plays from all periods and all countries, as long as they fit the Print Room Literary Policy.
Please consider our policy carefully before submitting your script.
What we are interested in:
- New translations / adaptations of undiscovered, or rarely performed texts by well-known writers
- New plays.
What we are not interested in:
- Plays with more than 7 actors (more than 7 characters must be able to double up).
- Adaptations of novels
- Plays that require a naturalistic end on set
- Film, radio or TV scripts
- Children's shows
- Biographical plays about historic figures including artists, writers
WE HAVE A STRICT EMAIL ONLY POLICY. THIS SAVES ON POSTAGE FOR YOU AND IS CONSIDERATE OF THE ENVIRONMENT.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT SCRIPTS BY POST NOR WILL WE BE ABLE TO RETURN ANY SCRIPTS POSTED TO US.
EMAIL all scripts to email@example.com